* “My heart whispers to my butt to tell my brain to get me to follow my heart.” – Amanda G., Harpist
You know what your heart is longing for,
but you just don’t get around to it.
You’re not alone. The other day a client told us she really wanted to clear off her desk and start writing. First, she went to work early so she could write – “later.” After work, she ran errands, cleaned up. With no energy left to write, she did a little Facebook and went to bed.
Sound familiar? Maybe for you it’s a creative idea, a dream, something for work or a business. Or it’s about relationships, your own healing, or learning to be more content in the present moment. You know what your heart is asking of you. But it’s often the last thing you get to. If at all.
It’s not about doing more. Rather, it’s a loving process of orientation, of steering your path back toward your Heart’s true callings. It’s about working with your Distractors, those voices in your head who say, “gotta clean up,” or “better check email.” When your Heart is leading the way, it feels like a state of flow. It’s taking care of the basics, while not leaving your dreams behind.
Are you ready to clear the path to your Heart’s desire, and meet your Distractors? We can help. Clearing the Path, one of four seasonal trainings, was created just for you.
Do you recognize any of these lovable Distractors?
- The Procrastinator. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day.
- Cluttered, Muddled & Mixed. She hides among those piles of ‘someday’ projects.
- The Non-stop Cleaning Machine. Yes, it looks great, but what’s the cost?
- The Perfectionist. This one is tough, because she sits so close to excellence.
- The Errand Runner. She wants you to replace your doorknobs before anything else.
- The Rebel. Resists anything that smells like a ‘should’ – even good stuff.
- The Foodie. Goes straight for comfort, Following your heart is not for the faint of heart.
You can’t escape these guys, hard as you try. In our training, you’ll get to know them better, like old friends. You’ll understand why they sneak up on you, and how they divert your time, energy and inspiration. Clearing the Path means allowing your heart’s voice to lead the way.
Our creative and nature-based activities will leave you with:
- Mindfulness techniques to notice your Distractors and reorient back to your Heart, in the moment
- Your own Clarity Map, including practical next steps, to track the path forward
- A completed piece of writing or collage to convince your Heart that you can follow it
Why do this with us?
We combine deep, ancient wisdom traditions with open-throated belly laughs. Because we spent half our lives avoiding our own shizzle, we now know that befriending it is supremely helpful. Especially if the process is playful, compassionate and creative.
Jackie Levin, RN, MS is a Board Certified Advanced Practice Holistic Nurse and Coach, who integrates mind-body-spirit practices for health and healing. She says, “My Distractors have helped me quite a bit along my journey. Hello dear Miss Inner Over-Achiever and Miss I want to do it all! Yep—these gals got me through college, several certificates, and many a late night, but they also can drive me a little nuts. So we made peace. When I need my slow-down time, we have a little chat and balance my thirst for knowledge from science and research with the wisdom from the trees and the characters in my dreamtime. And I love sharing this with others.” (more about Jackie >)
Christine Castigliano works with her many Distractors, including PlateSpinner, Good Girl and Rascal, to share her voice: singing in the moment; writing projects and novels; leading circles for women and teens. She’s written, designed and illustrated websites and many publications including TIME Magazine. She audaciously believes that the tools, tricks and techniques she’s gratefully gathered from world-class teachers are valuable to you in following your heart Spark. (more about Christine >)
We’d love you to join us for this Spring Training, Clearing the Path. And we trust that you’ll find the path that works for you.
At the Pond Road Retreat Center, near Port Townsend, WA.
Want to sleep over? Basic accommodations are available for an extra fee. Contact Jackie.
- Saturday May 17, 2014
- 1:00 – 6:00 pm; registration 12:30
- Includes tea, healthy snacks and all materials
- $45 Early Bird by May 3, $60 after May 3.
- For more information: Christine@TheJoyFinder.com, 360-598-3846
or Jackie@LeadingEdgeNursing.com, 206-304-7703.
First of Four Seasonal Trainings
Clearing the Path to your Heart’s Desire: A spring training for hearts, minds and butts — May 17, Pond Rd. Retreat Center
Fueling the Fire: How to keep momentum on the path — July. Details TBD.
Harvesting Intuition: How to use your second sight to follow your path — Weekend retreat, Thursday, Sept. 18 (evening), through Sunday, Sept. 21, Port Townsend.
Honoring Wisdom: How to rest, receive and restore your path — January 2015. Details TBD.