The Flowering Voice: Spring Creative Retreat
Friday May 3 (eve) ~ Sunday May 5, 2019
At the Mermaid Cottage on the Salish Sea, Lemolo, WA
Feminine* voices are on the rise. Our perspectives are vital to shifting our communities, systems, environments. Yet to be the change we wish to see in the world, we must empower our voices so we can Step up. Stand up. Speak up.
💖 Do you want to speak or write your truth, at work, in relationships? But ‘something’ stops you…
💖 Do you want to sing from your heart? Or write songs? But your voice can feel inhibited. Stifled. Blocked…
💖 Do you want to share your creative gifts? But it’s hard to make time and space…
You are NOT alone. Feminine voices have been shut down by patriarchy for a LONG time. Mermaid Temple is devoted to melting old stories of fear and shame so we can reclaim our voices. This Holy Mess is a form of magic that actually deepens your message, your full expression. Whether it’s speaking, writing, singing, teaching, or creating anything you wish.
This Spring, let’s unfold the 5 petals or aspects of your creative voice. Will you join us?
*NOTE: We include all who identify as female, feminine, bigender, non-binary, or two-spirit.
Christine performing “Spark Story,” her one-woman musical in 2017
I used to suck at sharing my true voice.
After 25 years working for Big Corporate media, producing magazines, videos and websites, seven of my close friends died young. Cancer. Yikes! My heart insisted I wake up. To use my ‘one wild and precious life.’ To tend what matters. To ME.
Instead of making media to sell more stuff, I wanted to make stories to lift us up. But when I sang or spoke in public, my throat clenched up like a fist. I procrastinated. I perfected. I resisted. I didn’t feel safe to share my new calling. Yet.
After years of peeling back layers of conditioning and fear that once suffocated my voice, I’m a performing singer, public speaker, facilitator and author. Thrilled to share practices that can free your creative visions.
Mermaid Temple Assistant Heather Wolf tunes her dulcimer for a song
Is this retreat for you?
- Does your soul call you to step out of your shell and shine your light in the world?
- Do you want practical guidance to grow more courage in using your voice?
- Would a sisterhood of heartfelt support help you to share your flowering voice?
In our sacred container, you can melt old stories that block you. You’ll practice effective, fun ways to unzip your authentic voice. Plus, a welcoming space to share YOUR creative gifts: songs, stories, poems, art, comedy, practices and/or your teachings from the heart. Bring it, darlin!
Haazel unpacked her delicious Art from the Heart at the fall retreat
What happens at the Spring Retreat?
- Friday May 3 Evening: 4-6 settle in, 6pm potluck dinner, 7pm opening circle. Dreamtime meditation & sound bath.
- Saturday May 4, morning: Wake to the sounds of birds, free from demands of daily life (and electronics). After chai, movement, and organic breakfast, we practice opening the 5 petals of your Creative Voice (see below).
- Saturday after lunch: Sing for water (element of emotion and creative flow). Sound Healing session by Christine Ahhh.
- Saturday afternoon & eve: it’s YOUR time! Creative share: bring your poetry, stories, songs, dance, comedy! to this supportive circle at the fire.
- Sunday May 5 morning: Cacao Ceremony Journey: calling in creative visions to guide your path. Mini vision quest.
- Sunday after lunch: Follow your heart to write, draw, make art, or sing your Aha’s
- Sunday 4-5 pm: Closing: share your visions, insights, gratitude, LOVE.
We’ll explore opening these 5 Petals of your Creative Voice:
- Your Speaking Voice: the power of speaking truth
- Your Singing Voice: honey for the heart 🙂
- Your Healing Voice: Sound Energy wellness tools, throat chakra healing
- Your Divine Voice: listening and trusting intuition, guides, higher self, divinities
- Your Creative Voice: what is your soul / muse asking you to bring forth?
Mermaid Temple Spring Retreat includes:
- All meals and snacks – locally grown, plant-based, organic, whole foods, vegetarian options
- Shared sleeping accommodations – limited to 8 in double beds. Invite a friend or sister to join you, $25 off each
- One participant will receive a Sound Healing session by Christine Ahh, to clear ancestral stories that may be blocking your full, expressive voice
- Access to beach, kayak
Mermaids who love singing for the waters 🙂
Why Mermaids: ancient Goddess of expression
- She’s an enchantress who uses her voice freely and powerfully to sing her truth, and create
- She’s a shape shifter who adores the sea as well as the land, honoring all life
- She’s a female shaman, connected to Source energy, who works powerful magic with water, the flowing element of change and emotions
About Christine Ahhh, Mermaid Temple Priestess
Christine Ahhh weaves the magic of story, sound and creative play to awaken hearts, melt self-sabotage and inspire courageous action. She’s worked as bra seamstress, an art director for TIME Magazine, on films, tv and novels. A former soloist with Total Experience Gospel Choir, Christine is the creator of Spark Story, a one-woman musical and workshop about making friends with fear. She offers Sound Soul Insights healing sessions, women’s circles, sound energy wellness workshops, her Creative Tools card deck, books and music at HeartsQuest.com.
The Mermaid Cottage, Lemolo WA
Lemolo is a village on the Salish Sea just south of Poulsbo, WA. From Seattle: suggest the Seattle – Bainbridge Island Ferry (35min). 20 min drive to the cottage.
The Cottage sleeps 6-8 comfortably with shared double beds. Camping space is available, too.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Retreat Options, Costs & Registration ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
💖 1 Work Exchange for Chef (includes set-up/clean-up) FILLED
💖 1 partial work exchange (arrive Friday 9 am for set-up/Sunday night clean-up) $60 FILLED
💖 Full retreat/shared room, with all meals: $125
💖 Bring-a-friend, register together: $100 each
💖 Retreat only (no sleeping accommodations) with meals: $75
💖 1 Day only, with meals: $60
Questions? Please contact Christine at 360-598-3846, or email Christine at HeartsQuest dot com.
If you can’t make this Spring Retreat… SAVE the DATE Fall retreat Sept 27-29 Sing in the Yoni Cave La PUSH, WA
Please click to sign up for LoveNotes mailing list here.
You’ll get first notice of upcoming retreats: Summer, Fall and Winter (in Costa Rica!) More to come…
I can’t wait to Flower with you!