I’m called to work with girls and women of all ages, because I believe the world needs our gifts, skills and feminine ways, to show up in full capacity. I’m especially passionate about girls on the verge of their teens.
Why? Because I was SO lost at that age.
- I lived in front of the TV with a carton of ice cream.
- My parents are brilliant, caring folk- but they fought every minute of the day and night.
- My sisters and I were physically ok, abandoned emotionally.
- I had very little sense of my beauty. Strengths. Talents.
- My loves, dreams, and longings were rarely seen.
- As I blossomed into womanhood, a predatory man nine years older came along.
- I left home and moved in with him at age 14.
- I dropped out freshman year, and enrolled in the school of Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘n Roll.
- I lived dangerously and nearly died at least three times.
I’m so blessed to have survived! Yet I did not thrive, or discover my core Spark, until much later.
And thus it is my deepest desire that all girls (and boys, men, women, beings):
- know their own magnificence.
- know the ways of their own core, and how to hold on to it, when the road gets rocky. As it will.
When our daughters’ beauty, strength, and longings are reflected, when they feel confident, and they belong, they can step into their best self.
That’s why I do Summer Spark Day Camp for Girls 9-13.
Please pass this on to the moms with girls in your life.
The deadline for registration is this Monday, July 29. When our minimum is met, we may accept a few later. Thank you!