Activate hearts in your community.
Invite SPARK STORY.
Are you connected to a youth group, women’s circle, spiritual or wellness community? Or does your circle of friends care about well-being?
SPARK STORY inspires compassion, creativity, and the courage to face challenges.
SPARK STORY has lit up many events, including: ladies’ night out; yoga center workshops; church events; youth group meetings; storytelling events; house concerts; community gatherings; family reunions; monthly women’s circles; women’s spiritual conference; campfire talk at a retreat.
Let’s create an event especially for the people you care about. To start:
- Please watch the short video below to see if the Spark Story experience resonates.
- Please read the Hosting FAQ below.
- Please contact Christine via the form on the right, or call (360) 598-3846 to discuss ideas.
- As we move forward, I’ll send you a SPARK HOST KIT to make it easy to invite your community.
FAQ: Hosting Spark Story
Q. What do I have to do to host SPARK STORY?
- Consider the format: ladies’ night out, afternoon tea, church event, youth group meeting, an evening story concert, community presentation, women’s circle…
- Contact me about a date that works for you, your people and for me.
- Invite your people. I’ll provide a digital SPARK HOST KIT with graphics and text to make it very easy, even flyers and postcards.
- On the day of the event, set up your space with seating, pillows, a table for snacks.
- Provide water, tea, and a few simple snacks. I’ll bring some snacks to share, and potentially a few items for sale.
Q. How large a space do I have to provide?
SPARK STORY needs about 4×4′ open space for me and my looping gear, plus space for your guests. Your living room, a finished basement, large deck, even your back yard can work. Or a friendly yoga studio, church or community center space, library or park.
Q. How many people should I invite?
SPARK STORY is best with a minimum of 10 people. Please invite at least 2-3 times as many people as you imagine will come.
Q. Do I only invite people I know?
If you are comfortable inviting a wider community to your home or other location, the event can be promoted to a larger audience.
Q. How long is SPARK STORY?
It depends on what you’d like to offer to your group. The SPARK STORY experience is 1.5 – 2 hours: 15-30 minutes for snacks and settling in, 1 hour interactive show, and 15-30 minutes for sharing reflections.
- Optional 1-hour mini-workshop to follow is designed to activate each individual’s Spark, so they can orient their lives toward what they love most.
- Optional meditation session before
- Shorter formats include a 30-40 minute presentation at a luncheon or other event.
- Longer formats include 2 hr evening presentation with a 6 hour workshop the following day.
Q. What happens in the optional SPARK workshop?
Participants are invited to consider the themes raised in Spark Story, to transform inspiration into action. Through hand-on play, sound and story, we reflect on experiences of creativity and connection – and the inner forces that can shut us down. How can we open our hearts to guide us to our aliveness? What are the next steps we can do to activate our Hearts Desire? A SPARK STORY workshop can also be a full day, with the story setting the tone and several hours to deepen each person’s experience through sounding, voice work.
Q. How much do you charge?
SPARK STORY is offered by donation, $10-20 per person. Minimum 10. Proceeds can be shared with host (negotiable). For travel beyond 1 hour (from Poulsbo, WA), prefer a base fee of $300 (15 people at $20/each).
SPARK STORY will also be supported by sales of merchandise (CDs, greeting cards, t-shirts, etc), and individual coaching or healing sessions.
I offer sound healing energy work, Hearts’ Path readings and Authentic Voice coaching by donation, suggested $50/hour.
Q. What is your background and experience?
As a performer, I’ve sung with the Total Experience Gospel Choir, in a Black Nativity production at Seattle’s Intiman Theatre, in several jazz-pop bands. I currently sing with a vocal improv ensemble. As a facilitator, I offer workshops, retreats, and have led weekly circles for women and teens for over 10 years. See my full BIO here.
Thank you from my heart! I so look forward to sharing hearts in community.