Barn with a View: retreats, classes, workshops, overnights
We’re situated on 2.5 acres, with 20 acres of open space including a freshwater spring, trails, meadows and woods. The land is adjacent to 4,000 acres of public trails for hiking and mountain biking.
The property overlooks the Hood Canal and the Olympic Mountains. This sunny land is the site of the Babcock family farm; the barn was originally a commercial chicken coop. A large organic garden, orchard and many varieties of berries provide food for our family year-round. A wood shop and sculpture studio occupy the ground floor.
- 5 minutes from historic Port Gamble, a favorite wedding and event location
- 15 minutes from Kingston and Poulsbo, historic, quaint Scandinavian town
- Port Townsend is 30 minutes north and west
- Bainbridge Island is 30 minutes south and east
- North Seattle is 1 hour via the Kingston-Edmonds ferry, Downtown Seattle is 1.25 hours via the Bainbridge ferry
- Salisbury Park public beach and boat/kayak launch is a 15 minute walk or 5 min. drive. Several other saltwater beaches within 5-10 min.
The Barn can accomodate 2 adults in a private area with a double bed. Several more can overnight in hostel-type sleeping accomodations, with full bath and kitchen.
Book the Barn at AirBNB: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1015514
More formal lodging is 5 minutes away at the Port Gamble Guest House. Several other B&Bs and house rentals are available.
View home in a larger map