An Intimate Spring Retreat to Empower Your Feminine Creativity
Your Voice, Your Vision
Friday May 3 ~ Sunday May 5, 2019
At the Barn with a View, near Port Gamble, WA
NOW MORE THAN EVER — feminine voices DO matter. Given the state of our country and the world, we come together to deepen our personal and collective power for change.
💖 Do you want to feel heard and seen?
💖 Do you want to share your truth – when speaking, writing or singing – but your voice feels stifled, blocked or even choked off?
💖 Do you want to create your heart’s true desire, and share your gifts, but it feels out of reach?
You are NOT alone.
Mermaid Temple Founder Christine Castigliano performing Spark Story, 2017
I enjoyed a successful career in corporate media, producing videos and websites. But when seven friends died of cancer, my heart insisted I wake up and listen. To use this ‘wild and precious life,’ to tend what really matters. To ME.
I felt called to share my authentic voice, but how? When I tried to sing, my throat clenched like a fist. I sweat buckets of anxiety.
I devoted years to peel back the layers of conditioning and fears that suffocated my true voice. It’s such a worthwhile journey, this unfolding, to finally share what’s in my heart! And now I’m thrilled to share these practices with you.
If your soul’s voice keeps you up at night, calling you to come forth, this retreat is for you. Together we will dive in, sharing tools and practices and gifts to revitalize our truth.
Co-creator Heather Wolf tunes her dulcimer
Remembering who you are, what brings you most alive…
Mermaid Temple Retreat includes:
- All meals and snacks – locally grown,plant-based, organic, whole foods, vegetarian options
- Shared sleeping accommodations – limited to 10
- With double occupancy, invite a friend or sister to join you, $100 off for each of you!
- Friday night dreamtime meditation and sound bath
- Cacao ceremony journey: receiving vision to guide your path forward
- Tools and practices to open, heal and strengthen your Voice, so you can Speak your truth. Sing from your heart. Awaken your wild spirit.
- Facilitated, compassionate brave space for creative healing
- Skillshare: bring your gifts of the heart to share
- Access to private trails, lush forest, freshwater spring and/or nearby beaches
- Artmaking: vision boards, drawing, painting
- Saturday night Sacred Fire Celebration. Bring instruments, drums or your dancin’ shoes 🙂
We come together to nourish our voices, our vision, our mission.
Your feminine gifts – your voice, your vision – are powerful medicine for challenging times.
We come to nourish our creativity, our intuition, our wildness, and our tender hearts.
We celebrate our fullness, the power to attract and manifest love and positive change in the world.
This retreat is for you if:
- you feel called to speak, write, sound or sing what’s true for you
- you sometimes lack space and time to hear the deeper whispers in your heart
- you have a project that needs some loving focus: writing, visual art, music, movement, or…?
- you cherish the moments when you feel free to share your audacious, authentic self
- you’re often so busy tending to other’s needs that your creative, juicy soul needs attention, too
- you long to be free from the demands of work, electronics, etc. to connect to a sense of purpose
- you crave connection with open-hearted women who can see and reflect the real you
- you *know* that our voices and visions, the feminine spirit is needed today
Your voice and your creations matter.
This intimate retreat is an opportunity to reflect deeply on your path, to rediscover and claim your mission: through playful, heartfelt experience.
Developing trust to share our Gifts of Heart nurtures our souls, as well as our relations, our communities and the world.
About The Mermaid: An Ancient, powerful Goddess of Expression
A mermaid is an enchantress who uses her voice freely and powerfully to sing her truth, in the fullness of who she is. A mermaid is also a female shaman who works powerful magic with water, the flowing element of change.
She is a shape shifter who adores the sea as well as the land. Connected to Source energy, she honors the whole of life, of all creatures. She sings the beauty of her time, of this moment.
At the Mermaid Temple you are invited to create, and to share your dreams, visions and yearnings with sisters on the path of heart. We are here to mirror, amplify and magnify your gifts.
About Christine Ahhh, Mermaid Temple founder
Christine Ahhh weaves the magic of story, sound and creative play to awaken hearts, melt self-sabotage and inspire courageous action. Her colorful past includes work as a bra seamstress, an art director for TIME Magazine, feature films, public television, producing e-learning websites and writing young adult novels. A former soloist with Total Experience Gospel Choir, Christine is the creator of Spark Story, a one-woman interactive musical about making friends with fear so she could sing. She offers Sound Soul Insights healing sessions, womens’ and teen empowerment circles, sound energy workshops, retreats, coaching, her deck of Creative Tools cards, books and music.
Retreat activities include:
- Friday Evening: 4-6 settle in. After dinner, opening circle to set our intentions. Dreamtime meditation & sound bath.
- Saturday: Chai & chants, followed by practices to heal and activate your inner voice.
- Saturday night: creative sharing celebration around the fire.
- Sunday: Cacao Ceremony and visioning meditation.
- Sunday 4-6pm: Finger food and closing circle: deepening visions, insights and gratitude
About the Barn with a View near Port Gamble, WA
Located appx. an hour from downtown Seattle, via ferry from Edmonds or Seattle, or drive via Tacoma.
The Barn sleeps 8 comfortably with shared sleeping accommodations, plus glamping options.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Accommodations & Costs ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
💖 A few spots for Work Exchange (cooking, set-up/clean-up, sharing your gifts)
💖 Full retreat and day retreat options: pricing TBD
💖 Contact Christine @ heartsQuest dot com for more info, payment plans
Questions? please contact Christine at 360-598-3846, or email christine at HeartsQuest dot com.
I can’t wait to co-create with you, beautiful mermaids!
*NOTE on GENDER: We recognize that gender is non-binary: it lies on a spectrum. We include those whose identity is feminine, bigender, non-binary, or two-spirit. We’ll be exploring ways patriarchy affects the female voice, and tapping the feminine essence as a primary source. Contact Christine Ahh if you have any questions or concerns. 🙂