Hi there! I’m so glad you came. I’m a writer/artist/singer with a voice and a spark. My sincere wish is to spark you, too.
Without much cred in the blogosphere yet, I’ll interview myself for the launch. Should come easy to a Gemini like me.
cc: So, what is your intention for this blog?
- Honestly? To connect with people who may enjoy the schtuff I love to make: writing, art and music.
- To offer insight, support, and encouragement to Feed the Spark of the divine inside you.
- To tell the truth about the creative life, with humor, depth and courage.
cc: Who is this blog for?
- I imagine that you’re female, between 15 and 100. But I’ll take anybody, seriously.
- You hunger for stories as well as bare naked honesty.
- You’re incredibly tied up with so many things right now. But you also want to become more juicy. You want to get sparked up, get to the heart of what you are called to bring forth.
- You don’t mind a little psychobabble or spiritspeak, in moderation.
cc: What is this blog NOT about?
Good question! Loving the clarity.
There are so many strong voices blogging about the craft of writing, the heroic journey of getting published, entrepreneurship, marketing, getting an agent, indie publishing, eBooks, web design, PhotoShop, etc. I’ll leave those topics to the experts (but will link to my favorites here soon).
cc: Why did you start a blog now, 3 years after the peak? Don’t you know that blogs are on the way out?
Hello, dear! (It’s my Lizard Brain, the fear monster. I call him the Miser. He looks like Gollum. His mantra: “There’s never enough, never enooooough!)” He wouldn’t want to miss out on this interview.
Thankyouverymuch Mr. Miser for your concern, but I’ve got to believe that there is always room.
And weren’t you the one who taught me that to give and receive are the keys to the universe? That’s what I’m doing here.
cc: Why should I care? What makes you think you have something to offer that isn’t already being said by at least 7,152,658 established bloggers (probably living on the French Riviera with the proceeds of their fab books, workshops, & ads)?
Everybody is unique. My perfectly unique, perfectly flawed snowflake is ready to take a swan dive into the big pool.
cc: But that’s a mixed metaphor. Surely you won’t allow heinous ERRORS in your blog?
I have spent far too long trying to be perfect to give it up now. But I will damn well try!
cc: Do you really want to expose your inner life? And keep up a blog and community? Usually you want to be left alone to write /draw / do whatever the frick you want.
You got me there. But this child of the Aquarian Age also craves a tribe of like-minded souls. Open-hearted sharing, and the like.
cc: How will you attract followers?
I’ll tweet an ad: “Seeking creative seekers. Willing to work stupidly long hours on painful, courageous tasks that may very well have to be their own reward. Must believe in self.”
cc: Hmm. Good luck with that…
Ok. I will come out and ask for what I really need and want: I need you, o followers. You are vital. Without you, this giving and receiving cycle can’t spin around in all its glory.
I promise to give what I can, to feed your spark.